Creating change at my Health organisation
Health practitioners have an important role to play in Turning the Tide. We have the opportunity and the expertise to work with our patients to make healthy changes.
Here is how you can make healthy living a part of your routine practice:
- Run a workplace wellbeing programme – try this easy to use online tool (Good4Work)
- Develop a smokefree and vapefree policy – get resources and information at smokefree.org.nz
- Talk to all smokers and support them to access stop smoking support – connect with local stop smoking provider Takiri mai te ata or Quitline and find out the facts about vaping
- Make your catering healthier – find resources and guidelines at Good Food Kai Pai
- Grow your own healthy kai – check out this handy video for inspiration
- Assess all enrolled children for healthy growth – talk to your Practice Manager if you need help
- Talk to families about food, keeping active and good sleep – link families that need extra help into the networks through Te Awakairangi Health Network
- Encourage walking or standing meeting with colleagues – ditch the meeting room and get some fresh air while you work.
- Enable active transport to and from work – find out how to support your team to get to work actively