Create change at my community organisation
Your organisation has the opportunity to make the healthy choice the easy choice for the communities you work with. Sometimes making a simple change can have a big impact.
Here are some actions that can help you create a healthier community organisation:
- Create healthy food and drink practices and policies – find resources and guidelines at Good Food Kai Pai
- Develop smokefree and vapefree policies – get resources and information at smokefree.org.nz
- Encourage alcohol-free celebrations – find resources to support your actions
- Grow your own healthy kai – check out this handy video for inspiration
- Become water only – provide free and easy access to water and promote it over sugary drinks
- Run healthier fundraisers – get tips and ideas on how to make your fundraising healthier
- Support volunteer wellbeing – tips and hints of how to build a healthy organisation
If your organisation is involved in running or contributing to events, check out our events page as well for ideas of actions you can take specific to your events.