Create change at my retail outlet
Our shops, the products we offer and how we promote them have a big impact on the choices our communities make.
Here are some actions you can take to help make our communities healthier places to be.
- Provide more healthy food and beverage products – get inspired by what others are doing
- Remove junk food advertising from signs and windows – think of alternative products to promote or offer your windows to local artists to get creative
- Become a refill station – provide free water and join the refill movement
- Become a tobacco-free and vapefree retailer – check out smokefree shops
- Stop selling sweet drinks to school students during school hours – try having sugar free times for students.
- Expand your smokefree and vapefree areas – get resources and information at smokefree.org.nz