Create change at my Marae and Māori settings
The marae is a place where whānau, hapū, Iwi, and hāpori Māori gather in times of celebration, tangihanga, hui, and other cultural events. Many marae also double as workplaces, education units, kōhanga, and hire venues and therefore have the opportunity to influence healthy change across generations, from our tamariki to our kaumātua.
He aha he mahi māu?
- Make your catering healthier – find resources and guidelines at Good Food Kai Pai
- Develop or strengthen your smokefree and vapefree kaupapa – get resources and information at smokefree.org.nz
- Promote quit support – connect with local stop smoking provider Takiri mai te ata
- Encourage alcohol-free celebrations – find resources to support your actions
- Grow your own māra kai – check out this handy video for inspiration
- Become kaitiaki of community garden or fruit trees – get in touch to discuss what options there are
- Become water only – promote wai māori instead of sugary drinks